View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 04:28 PM  
MikeTherk
Newborn Pup

Default Goodnight, Orange.

My Syrian has been a senior for a while now (2 years 4 months) and recently I started checking on her every morning just to make sure she is OK.

Yesterday I checked on her and she was laying out in the open (not in her wooden cabin) and breathing HEAVILY. She was too weak to even walk.

I held her close to me for a few hours and said goodbye, then I took her to my job to have her euthanized (I'm a vet tech).

Orange was such a gentle hamster. I would hand her to everyone who came over and she'd never bite or get frustrated. In her younger days, I'd sit her on my shoulder and we'd watch TV together. Sometimes when I let her free roam in a specific room, I'd go in to check on her and she'd be on top of a random object and I'd be like how the hell did you get up there.

She will be so missed.

I had another Syrian before her, Chewch, who died at only 8 months from what another vet (not my employer) said was a hamster stroke. I didn't think any other ham could fill the void that Chewch left, but then Orange was adopted, and she healed the hole.

I'll remember her in days when she was young instead of the way she was when she died.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 305033804_10159063831599537_3085983979626967416_n.jpg (82.8 KB, 15 views)
MikeTherk is offline   Reply With Quote