Thread: Little Gus
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 07:31 AM  
Tiffanyh
Newborn Pup

Default Little Gus

My little man passed away early hours this morning. I'm so heartbroken, he was my first ever hamster and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

I rescued him June last year, they described him as a little heartthrob and they were not wrong.
It didn't take him long to happily warm up to me, he was the sweetest little character. Always kept me on my toes during his free roam, from trying to stuff any many treats in his mouth as he could while I wasn't looking, to being a little dare devil and climb as high as he could. Of course he was a spoilt little boy as well.

Unfortunately Gus got diagnosed with cushings disease in June this year but he was still his sweet, funny, little self eventhough he was tired and slowing down.

I went to refill his water I could tell he wasn't right, so I gave him a little stroke and he usually looks up but he didn't move. I got him out his cage and could tell he was ready to go, I held him in a towel until he took his last breath.
He was 1 year and 9 month old and the last nearly 3 months of those he fought his hardest against the disease and I couldn't be more proud of him.

I wish I could've had a little longer with him under different circumstances, but I know he's comfortable and happy now and that's all that matters.

Thank you to anyone that give me advice on here when I needed.
Added a few of my favourite pictures of the little man
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1662249865264.jpg (144.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220904-140736_Photos.jpg (383.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220904-140748_Photos.jpg (446.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220904-140807_Photos.jpg (532.9 KB, 12 views)
Tiffanyh is offline   Reply With Quote