Thread: Hello Hammy
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 02:04 PM  
Stanza
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hello Hammy

Hi all, it’s been ages since I’ve posted about Hams and in those months that have past he’s turned into a real character. I open his cage to have a tidy at around 8 / 8:30pm most evenings and he’ll come out of his bed to see me and give my hand a sniff. He then takes himself up to one of his shelves where he has a quick clean before coming back to the front of his cage to hop in his travel jug to the playpen. He comes out every night pretty much and loves to run about scenting as he goes, running through and climbing onto the selection of boxes I put out for him to play in, he’s great fun to watch.

I still don’t get to hold him very often he simply jumps out of my hands but he does let me stroke him whilst he’s out eating which I make the most of and he’s very relaxed about.

I recently brought a willow toy (pic attached) I did not realise how huge it was and my OH simply said what do you think he’s going to do with that but he really enjoys it! Climbs over it, chews it, if I hold it up he’ll grab it with both paws and chew it trying to push it around. It’s turned into a toy we play with together
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (2.68 MB, 10 views)
Stanza is offline   Reply With Quote