Thread: Scurry Free
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 01:04 PM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Scurry Free

I can't believe I'm writing this, yesterday afternoon I made the hard decision to help Inky and Splat over the rainbow bridge. While still happy and full of life, in their old age they'd both developed mammary growths that were growing rapidly. I noticed in the early hours of yesterday morning that there were specks of blood and that Inky was bleeding and expected the worse. Once examined by the vets it was either once of her tumors had ulcerated inside or there was another cause to her reproductive tract bleeding. Giving her advanced age and how quickly her lumps came up, I refused to put her through an operation. Her sister, Splat, also had fast growing mammary tumors which she'd succumb to in the next few months. I have let her go with her sister as I don't have any other rats at home nor am I getting anymore rats. I didn't want her last month(s) to be spent depressed and alone.

It's been an adventure and fun filled 2½ years for them. I know that I have done right by them, and given them a lovely life. This doesn't make it less difficult.

Play nicely over the bridge you two. Enjoy all the cheerios and bananas, you've deserved it. ❤️
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VID_20220503_213351052_exported_68096.jpg (173.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20211210_172946656_BURST000_COVER.jpg (3.35 MB, 10 views)