Thread: Duna maxi multy
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 03:39 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Actually I have just emailed Skyline (who make the Barney and Hoppelgarten) - which is a German company so goodness knows why Zooplus Germany don't sell it any more. I just emailed them to ask why it's not available via Zooplus in Germany or the Uk any more when it's available in Norway and asked if it will be available again soon.

I suspect Zooplus will say the same as another cage seller I contacted in Germany - that the Uk customs restrictions are now too time consuming and expensive since Brexit for it to be worth their while.

And the Barney is now showing on zooplus in Germany as well along with the Hoppelgarten and a 120cm version of the Marrakesch!

You used to be able to buy from Zooplus.de and get it shipped to the Uk - I'm going to try that and see if it works (without actually ordering!).

That 120cm Marrakesch is worth having - it's only ever been available in Germany - used to be on German amazon. If you like tank style cages that is.

Hamsterkafig & Nagarium gunstig kaufen | zooplus

Actually the Barney is showing but not yet available - says it's back ordered.

The Marrakesch 120 is also showing as back ordered. The Hoppelgarten is in stock - when I put it in my basket for checkout it came up with unfortunately not able to deliver to your address (ie to the Uk). So there's Brexit for you! Grr. And the Hoppelgarten is ridiculously expensive - it used to be about £160 before the pandemic.

What doesn't make sense is the Skyline Leon says the same on Amazon.de - can't be shipped to your address. But it's available on the Uk website! Which suggests it's made in the Uk, not germany. And the Marrakesch 100 is available in the Uk too (but not the 120). All very annoying. The prices are way higher than pre pandemic. Even the Leon is about £90 (used to be £65) and it's too small for hamsters! Possibly ok for a dwarf but the base is on the small side.

Sorry Rashy - hijacking your thread a bit.

Last edited by souffle; 08-20-2022 at 03:58 AM. Reason: consecutive posts
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote