View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 03:44 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Raffy is making his feelings known after we were away for a week. Last night he was happy to be out in the playpen again.

Tonight he escaped the playpen - 3 times! I saw him sauntering across the carpet and thought - how did he get out? Luckily he wasn't that fast and walks into a tube if you put it in front of him so caught him and put him back.

A few minutes later the same thing! I double checked no toys were near the edge of the playpen and moved a couple even further in.

And then I heard this weird flump noise. Then again - and saw what he was doing. He climbed on a house roof some distance from the edge and hurled himself at the side of the playpen! Sometimes he missed, sometimes he'd grab the top edge as he flumped, and climb over!

Caught him again and rearranged everything in the playpen so he couldn't do that. He had a go then gave up and went on his wheel.

Then I see him sauntering along the carpet again! I have no idea how he got out that time but suspect he climbed the back of the wheel (the trixie wheel has a little "ledge" fastener).

He has got very ingenious! And probably not happy that he wasn't out of the cage for a week while we were away. I think I might have to hamsterproof the room so he can free roam a bit. I still can't pick him up when he's running around but he will walk into a tube - at the moment!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote