Thread: Clive
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 04:06 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Clive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ah - happy first day in new cage then Yes they will show you where the risks are lol and jump off anything they're not supposed to (or you can't imagine why they would). Usually after the first day or so in a new cage, they get into more of a boring routine
You were so right about this Serendipity.

He only jumped off things the first day and then used the cage as intended (by me).
I left the wicker tunnel under the big shelf but have relocated the hyacinth tunnel because he kept moving it too close to the wheel. Tried a small Pringle tube instead but he also tried to move it out of the way so took it out. I think that he wants to burrow there without any obstructions.
If he does jump off the shelf, he'd land on deep substrate but i don't think that he will, now that he knows that its doable.

Clive has changed colour and is going lighter and lighter. Never seen that in a Syrian to that extent. In a dwarf yes, Edwina changed from almost black to a very light grey.

Clive looks like a patchwork quilt because his cream undercoat is showing through but he's not losing fur. His bum area and paws have always been cream. I'll try and get a photo tonight.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote