View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 04:34 PM  
HarrytheHammyx
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Randomly breathing hard

Hello I’ve had a Syrian hamster (Squeaky) since December 2020. He’s almost 2 years old and it’s been hot here lately. In the morning my room was cold and when I got back I saw him in a corner so I moved the cage to the dining room where it was cold. A few minutes later my brother says Squeaky’s been breathing hard and had his eyes slightly open. I quickly grabbed him and tried to give him some cold grapes and broccoli but he wouldn’t take it. He was fine he just won’t eat. I tried giving him water and he won’t take it either. I got a towel and sat him down in between my legs and saw his breathing and it doesn’t look normal to me. I can’t take him to the vet and I know hamsters don’t live very long so I expected it but I just wanna make sure if I’m right or wrong about the situation. I thought he was just warm but does that make them breathe like this? I’ll insert a video. Later after cooling him down near the ac I put him back in between my legs and he fell asleep on the food bowl, I can’t tell if his breathing got normal again though. Can someone please help I really love him and I want him to live the full 2.5-3 years!

Video of him breathing: Shared album - Sabanta Sarah - Google Photos

Video of him after he cooled down and fell asleep on his food bowl: Shared album - Sabanta Sarah - Google Photos

Bonus video of him eating randomly? (probably a good sign): Shared album - Sabanta Sarah - Google Photos

I don’t know if he can get respiratory issues but I haven’t changed anything. Ive been using the same bedding and I added some timothy hay a few months back but so far he hasn’t reacted in any way so I don’t think it’s that.
HarrytheHammyx is offline   Reply With Quote