Thread: Meet Cupcake
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 04:59 PM  
ilguy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Meet Cupcake

I wish I had more content to share, but Cupcake has been in the same routine this week. She hops on for my hand for a few seconds, and then goes to pouch some food. She's also moved her wake up time from 9 to 11 pm, so I rarely see her now. But she is healthy, and seems really relaxed the few times I catch her out and about. Without fail, I do hear her rolling in her sand bath through the night, plus the pitter patter of the old wheel.

I will keep offering the taxi, and try to take a step forward with taming when I can. She hasn't taken me up on it yet, and that's okay. I'm just glad she's healthy and coming out again. Maybe when she escaped under the door that one time it scared her more than I thought, and the new wheel was just a bit too much on top of it? It still feels weird since she was so confident and lively, her personality was always much bigger than her size.

I might try a special treat this weekend, my local pet store got in some fresh mealworms. If I stay up and offer her one, maybe she'll start accepting my hand as a source of positive interaction again.
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote