View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 11:24 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: Do dwarfs actually get lonely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
It is very simple. If you'd buy another dwarf hamster in the pet shop and put him in the cage with your hamster, they'd probably kill each other. At the very least, they'd be very unhappy and stressed.

So, the answer is, no, dwarf hamsters don't get lonely.
Yes, I believe that, because my hamster is already an adult. It's sad to see the state that they're in at the pet store. It's weird that mice had a wheel and hamsters didn't and the bedding was just rocks. Nevertheless, they didn't have any paper bedding.
I was shocked to see so many dwarfs together and the syrian was alone. I wondered if I misunderstood something about dwarf hamsters and after visiting the pet store I believe my hamster has a better life than he had at the pet store. There were so many dwarf hamsters together and the cage was even smaller than my cage. A lot smaller. If I'll ever get a hamster again, I know the first thing should be a visit to the vet, because I don't believe they change or really clean the cage. it's kinda suspicious that Bogie's cage at the store is exactly the same as it was a year ago, really. That Syrian hamster at the store was cute though, but Bogie and me were still meant to be and I'll make him as happy as I can.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote