Thread: Meet Cupcake
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 03:43 PM  
ilguy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Meet Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza View Post
She’ll no doubt come round to the idea of a new wheel, she probably just needs a bit more time to get used to the changes. Are you thinking of removing the niteangel? I was going to suggest maybe just use it for out of cage time and when she is more used to it perhaps try putting it back. Maybe the heat has got her a bit flustered too this week. They are all such individual characters.
I did remove the Niteangel, she really hated the thing in the end, I will try it next time she seems to want an out of cage adventure. I do keep my air conditioner on all day for her while I'm at work. For some reason the play sand I got her is ridiculously good at staying cool. I don't know what it is, but baked kids play sand from my local hardware store stays cool for days. She still loves the sand bath as much as ever, I do hear her rolling in it like normal at least during the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
You got the wheel as it really seemed Cupcake was trying to tell you she did not like the older wheel. You were so caring and did it out of love. Like Stanza said, I am sure she will come round soon. Please do not feel bad. You love Cupcake so much.
I hope she does too, I'm just glad she seems healthy. Cupcake seems too adventurous to stay this mad for much longer (I hope). She really loved exploring my room. If she stays aggressive I might consider getting her the Detolf sooner. I've been thinking of it since getting her, but wanted to wait until she settled in. If a bigger space makes her happier and less stressed though, maybe it could be worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Yes, i would also use the new wheel in the free roaming area for now. Would be interesting to see if she'd use out of her cage.

How much out of cage time do you give her?
I put the Niteangel in her little area in my room. She has a box similar to her nesting one in there, plus some toys & tunnels. I haven't given her out of cage time since those three days in a row she wanted it so badly. Do you think it might help? I've just been trying to minimize her stress and give her space all week.
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote