View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 05:17 AM  
babel
Newborn Pup

Question Hamster lost weight, help!

I recently (17 days ago) brought home a 3ish month old long haired Syrian hamster. He ate well for the first week and a half or so and we didn't notice any issues. But after I brought him to my grandparents house to visit for a couple of hours one day, he seemed to have felt stressed because there was some construction noises going on in the background. The trip was of walking distance (5 minutes?) and we stayed there for 3-4 hours max. He had access to both food and water during the duration of the visit.

After that visit, he seemed to eat lesser than usual even after we brought him back home to his usual spot where we kept his main cage. The trip to my grandparents house was the only change in the usual routine of everything so I can't think of any other possible causes other than maybe health or teeth issues which would have to be checked by a vet.

I'm not sure what his weight was when we first got him as I didn't have a weighing scale at the time, but he felt a bit plumper in my hand back when I first brought him home. I bought a scale today to begin recording and monitoring his weight and found that he weighs 89.2grams. According to google, the healthy weight of syrian hamsters should be at least 100grams so I'm a bit worried.

If anyone has any advice on what I should do, I'd be very thankful if you could share them with me! Thank you very much for reading this post regardless and sorry if there are any formatting issues, I'm posting from my phone ^^;
babel is offline   Reply With Quote