Thread: Heatwave
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 04:57 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Heatwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
you pretty much doing everything you can. i add cucumber, i know a lot of people's hamsters come out to find cooler spots to sleep, but like Ria says, mine just seem to burrow down
You can put ice cubes/cold water in front of the fan too. obviously do it a safe way and also not pointed at the hamsters directly. i keep curtains and blinds shut, till cooler, but i do open windows and doors to try and keep air circulated.
me and my friend had a discussion the other week about those reflective things you use in cars to stop it getting so hot and i did a bit of research and there is this product you can get in australia which you can put on your windows which reflects the heat but still lets you see out of the windw, sadly not been able to find any =thing similar in the uk, apart from something that you stick on the whole window but stops you seeing out (maybe i think- cant remember now) it would be an interesting experiment to see if i could get a reflective panel thing and if it reduced the temperature in the hamster room.

I might try some tin foil in some cardboard in the windows!!!!
You could try one of those reflective car sun screens on a window. I had the car ones for the car before but couldn't tell any difference.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote