View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 04:31 AM  
Rashy
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Skyline barney cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Is it for a Syrian? Don't believe everything you read on Facebook. I'd say the Hamster Heaven is absolute minimum for a Syrian - and they may (or may not) need upgrading at some point). It's fine for a dwarf hamster.

Where did you find the Barney cage? They're incredibly hard to get hold of now - only second hand usually. There was the old version which was slightly bigger than the hamster heaven (82cm long and a bit taller) and the newer version which is the 100cm by 54cm which does have great floorspace.

However it only has the small doors on front - it's a good cage for a confident hamster who wants to come out regularly but I had problems with it for a shy or nervous hamster (can't get them out!) And they don't like a hand coming through the top door.

If it's for a shy or nervous hamster they'd be better off in the hamster heaven with the big front door. Or the Savic Plaza with plenty of overhead cover.

It is for the dwarf I have that were going to the vet. He currently lives in duna fun large, but as he is a little shy, I want to give him a barred cage. I dont like the plaza as I have bad experience with it. Zooplus have the barney. What is the measures at the smallest?

Last edited by Rashy; 07-15-2022 at 04:44 AM.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote