Thread: Meet Cupcake
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 06:40 PM  
ilguy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Meet Cupcake

She is super smart!!! And still as sassy as ever, her personality was on full display tonight.

I think she simply needs a new wheel, pretty sure she's been showing me how unhappy she is with it. She was making some new vocalizations at the wheel itself which I've never heard before, it was like a "go away" chatter mixed with the sound of a cricket. Cupcake also went on strike for a short bit in between me adjusting it. I did manage to get it running at a speed she's happy with, but the clamp was slowly tightening over time. It was pretty resistant before I took a look, and I think she just dislikes that middle part hanging over her head, in addition to showing me it needs adjusting.

I'm super happy with how well the climber toy works! It held her weight great, even when she climbed the wrong way and sat on the complete edge! I shouldn't say wrong way, she chose the hamster way. She also found two ways to get treats off the top I'd have never thought of. It's doubling great as a spot for a break as well, she chills and munches seeds under it. It was badly needed for the center of her enclosure.

And as always, she's super focused on her hygiene. Always goes for a roll after human interaction!

Her using the climber toy every single way, but the human intended way:
Hamster Solutions #1
Hamster Solutions #2
Hamster Solutions #3
Snack Break

Cupcake completely on strike!!!
Cupcake on Strike!
Strike Semi-Resolved

In-between troubleshooting and sadness at her wheel.
Sad Wheel #1
Sad Wheel #2

And of course, after all that human time gotta go for a bath!
Dirty Human
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote