View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 02:56 PM  
Rashy
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hamster who bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I think the small cage could be the problem but maybe she is unwell or in pain. How big is her wheel? Does she get out of cage time? Are her teeth ok? The Duna fun large is not ok. It is too small for a female Syrian and won't give enough space for a 28cm wheel, a large house and other large things. I'd look for a cage at least 100cm x 50cm, a 28cm wheel and lots of things like tunnels and hides that are big enough. She may also want plenty of out of cage time. Strictly no hamster ball, they are dangerous and cruel.

It is important to ask people questions and they need to answer them. If they don't, then don't let them adopt. You need to see proof of a cage as well.

I only let people adopt my foster hamsters when i'm 100% happy with them. If i'm not sure then i tell them that they are not suitable. Sometimes they get rude or angry or stop talking to me. It doesn't matter how people feel, a hamster's life and future is more important.

She is a dwarf, not syrian. I`m going to the vet with her next week. She does run at a hamster room almost everyday.

Last edited by Rashy; 07-07-2022 at 03:07 PM.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote