Thread: Meet Cupcake
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 07:59 PM  
ilguy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Meet Cupcake

So we did it, and it was an absolute blast for Cupcake!!! 45 minutes together, most it her crawling all over me like a jungle gym. I mainly just laid down flat on my bed and let her explore. I was super slow and careful with any movements, mostly just stayed still for safety. I had a few peanuts, but she was just having too much fun and didn't take one.

I'm surprised at how well she stayed on the bed, I've heard hamsters have terrible eyesight. Sometimes Cupcake just zoomed along the edge before climbing back on me with no problem. She climbed over my face about 4 times, and I got two hamster kisses on the lips (it wasn't my idea). No bites or nibbles, and she had great body language. Maybe she really enjoyed getting to figure out what I am, and where I go to sleep? She did jump off the bed onto the carpet and it was totally low & soft enough, didn't skip a beat. It's about 6-8 inches off the ground.

Unfortunately, while I did well on hamster proofing the rest of my bedroom, she did somehow fit under the door and escaped while exploring the floor! I had all of her quickly made stuff from the playpen adventure out, and she declined the hamster taxi a couple of times. Then I lost sight of her after going behind me, and saw something blocking the light on the other side of the door. I was dumbfounded she fit under there! I was able to scoop her up and return her home, but now I know to lay something against that for next time.

No film, but I took one picture of her while she was climbing down my face. Also, the second she got back home she rolled in the sandbath. Cupcake is a very clean girl, she goes for a bath after every handling!

Last edited by ilguy; 07-05-2022 at 08:41 PM.
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote