View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 07:21 AM  
Chesterspal
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Too much of a good thing?

Hydrogen peroxide vapor has no smell, and is imperceptible at concentrations below a few hundred ppm.
The hydrogen peroxide you purchase at the pharmacy is a solution, which means that a small amount — usually 3 to 7 percent — is dissolved in water. It kills bacteria on contact.

Yes, I meant was he getting too heavy. I noticed his activity on the wheel has declined from what it was prior. His eating is fine so assume he is well.

The change in his activity led me to believe there was something else going on. He was storing food in the PVC tubing, which he had not done prior. That give me the idea his burrowed habitat was deteriorating. It was never cleaned. So, I felt that had to happen. As it was, his poop was mixed with the stored food and there were urine stains in several areas.

I did the thorough cleaning for his benefit. The re-arrangement now requires he do a bit more moving around to get from the sand box to the wheel, etc. The new layout of the PVC tubing means there are now three "hills" to climb, one on each side and one with a sharp turn at the entrance/exit. Again, more exercise to burn off those calories.

I also added two curved steel screens to support the paper fill. One buried under the fill and one as a partial cover/tunnel over the entrance to his "condo" area.

While it may take him time to get used to it, I feel it is much improved over what I had and what I had was not bad.

Last edited by Chesterspal; 07-04-2022 at 08:23 AM.
Chesterspal is offline   Reply With Quote