View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 02:22 PM  
Hammy_Newbie
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster losing weight

Thank you for all the responses. She is a Syrian hamster. We are not sure how old she is but probably at least 1.5 years old as when we adopted her just over a year ago they didn’t know her age but estimated that she was between 6 months and a year old. Her teeth look normal and I have seen her eating and nibbling food so she is eating but I’m not sure how much. She has different food stashes which makes it hard to know how much she is eating and how much she’s adding to her stashes.

I do regularly remove the stored food and replace with new food but after what you said about tubes I did remove that food completely except for a little bit of sweetcorn. She doesn’t actually spend any time in her tubes and uses them purely as an area to keep food.

I’m going to call the vet tomorrow and get her checked to be on the safe side. Tonight she is still alert and active, and not sleeping more than usual so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. I will also bear in mind the advice about softened food - thank you.
Hammy_Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote