View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 05:04 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: How much is 20kg of fitch bedding in Litres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidii View Post
There most definitely is bad batches of Fitch. You may of not had any yourself, but I used it quite a while with the pigs until they could go to their new home.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fitch. However, depending on the quality of each bag, you may have to sit there sifting out the hard, sharper more compressed bits of bedding. I also feel more comfortable removing the bits that are dyed.

All beddings will likely have a bad batch or too at some point. But Fitch is worth the money regardless of the sifting !
Nope - disagree entirely. What do you call a "bad batch"? The occasional "hard bits" are no different to wet toilet paper going hard and no issue whatsoever. They don't need sifting out. You can hardly call the odd bit of blue paper, dyed bedding. It's recylced food grade paper. If it's food grade, it's food grade. They do no harm whatsoever to a hamster (who won't even notice the odd blue bit). I think I have one blue bit in my 100cm cage right now!

I have had two batches in 8 years that were more off white than white and not quite as soft, but perfectly fine - and a lot softer than aspen or wood shavings! I wouldn't call them bad batches - the manufacturers state on the website that it might vary in colour and texture slightly depending on what they've been recycling. But nearly every bag I've bought has been soft white paper.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 07-03-2022 at 05:10 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote