View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:07 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Savic Plaza perspex!

My cage frustration is emerging! When you want something bigger than a Plaza cage but not diy. We used to be so reliant on Zooplus, but nada (except the hamster heaven). Amazon.de no longer seems to stock any Skyline or other larger cages either.

There are a couple of German online petstores who sell larger cages - the ones Amazon used to sell. One doesn't ship outside Germany. The other showed it ships all over Europe - to just about every European country. They have both the two tier Carlos cage and the 100cm x 72cm San Marino (same as the Hoppelgarten).

So I emailed them to ask if they would ship to the Uk and had a polite reply saying "due to the current situation, deliveries to England are no longer possible".

It seems ridiculous - I can only assume it's because we're not part of EU now. Overnight air mail shipping between countries is perfectly possible! So why not? Has England been banned?! If it wasn't for Savic we'd be stuck!

I also think Skyline (makers of the Barney, Alexander etc) must have gone bust - you can't find their cages for sale anywhere now - not even on German sites.

Rodent Cages

So I am currently drooling over the Carlos cage on that link above. There used to be a Uk seller of that - they called it the Sky Rat 100 - but clearly imported from Germany - their web page is defunct now.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote