Thread: DIY Cage Ideas
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 02:04 PM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: DIY Cage Ideas

I've just built the komplement and in the future when I have room I am either going to attach another komplement to it, to make it 2m x 61 cm or add the marakesh cage to it, not decided yet. If you are going to use a tube to go through the divider you could do the same with 2 komplement cages together. I will say 1 thing, the komplement is a heavy cage, but then again i guess any cage you build at 2m will be quite heavy. I have got round this by using 1 other shelf underneath the cage and put wheels on it and I can now move it anywhere if i have to.

Also, I would highly recommend a lid even if you have no other animals, the reason being 1.) the hamster can always find ways to escape, and at least then you know it is safe and secure and 2.) you never know what can happen, I once had next doors cat come in through my bedroom window and walk into my living room where I keep my hamsters. Luckily I had just put my hamster away, otherwise it could have been disastrous. Also, you never know if your home gets 'unwanted' rodents moving in and you wouldn;t want them being able to get to your hamster (i know this is only a slim chance of happening, but then I never thought a neighbours cat would jump in through a small window!)