Thread: Meet Ares
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 07:01 AM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Default Re: Meet Ares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite View Post
My robo, Holly, was like that too for quite a long time. But for most hamsters, the way to their hearts is through their stomachs, and she lets me feed her the occasional sunflower seed from my fingers, or offer her a scoopful of her food in the scoop. Sometimes she will sniff my fingers too, and even occasionally try an experimental nibble. But the merest hint of a stroke, and she moves like lightning.

She's been a bit skittish lately, as we have been having demolition work done. The heavy machinery outside caused the whole house to vibrate, and part way through there was a huge crash when a candle in a glass jar vibrated off its shelf above the hamster cage, fell upside down onto the lid of the cage, and smithereens of glass splintered everywhere. I had to clean both hamster cages in a hurry in case they ingested any glass or got glass splinters in their tiny paws. But two days on they both seem fine.
Aww, Holly sounds so cute. It is lovely she will take food from you. I think I need to get Orko to allow me to just sit in front of his cage first. He actually is not really food motivated. He loves his wheel more then food. Haha.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote