Thread: Tofu?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:32 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Tofu?

I think so. I accepted soya in hamster foods eventually. I used to get the Rodipet one because theirs was organic soya but had a really bad batch of food during the pandemic which put me off. So I tend to stick to non soya extras so the protein isn’t all soya. Variety as you say. It was a bit of an internet scare about it a few years ago but these things can be just trends without foundation. Plenty of people do like tofu. I just think there are alternatives. And hamsters do deserve variety.

Bunny Dream hamster food is soya free. Most protein is from mealworms in that. It’s a bit low in protein so I mix 50/50 with Harry Hamster amd supplement the protein with nuts, egg etc.

I used to mix bunny dream with Rodipet for a soya free mix bit the Rodipet protein was crickets! Which the hamsters didn’t eat. They changed it to include organic soya instead.

Actually I only started using HH again during the pandemic when it was all I could get! Syrians do seem to like it though. I think 50/50 with the Bunny Dream is a reasonable compromise so the protein isn’t all soya.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 06-23-2022 at 02:38 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote