View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 05:26 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Say hello to Pip (Aka Pipkin)

Ria that was the last stick I had! It's not cheesy but all the hamsters go potty for them. They're the Tiny Friends Yippees. Probably not that healthy but not particularly unhealthy either (the colours seem to be natural) and very good for their teeth. Mainly made from grains but the green ones have apple in and the orange ones have carrot in. I got them from Amazon but apparently Pets at Home sell them as well. If they have them in stock. Looks like I paid too much at Amazon! I bought some more but they're in the freezer for a week.

Sup-reme Tiny Friends Farm Treat Biscuits Hamsters Rats Gerbil Ferrets Guinea Pigs 120g (Harry Hamster Yippees) : Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...mal-treat-120g

I'm not quite sure what Pip's long hard stares mean lol. Whether he is thinking, in shock, telling me he's annoyed with me or what! But when he sat in his wheel still - he sat like that for a good 5 to 10 minutes and didn't respond if I talked to him. I think he was weighing things up. And bear in mind he'd just got back into his cage and knew it had been messed with!

I think going into the playpen was a bit of a shock and I feel a bit guilty about that - maybe should have put him in something smaller first. But I think actually he just wanted to go to sleep at that time (early evening) and wasn't very active.

Our previous robo used to be up during the day a couple of times and enjoyed running round the playpen. Pip just sat there! Or hid. But later when he seemed more confident he was trying to climb the sides of the playpen.

Yes he does look like a proper robo now doesn't he? His fur is a lot better as well. He looked incredibly thin and almost greasy flat fur when he arrived and was also tiny - he has definitely grown.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 06-23-2022 at 05:33 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote