View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 05:42 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: 31cm Rodipet wheel

Good point. It would be slightly bigger than the currrent one. The Carolina storm wheel is max 10.5 inches across the front but tapers a lot smaller towards the back. In the middle it's probably more like 9.5 to 10". But good point. Rodipet should have a 28cm one (11"). Having said that, I haven't measured the inside of the 28" trixie wheel - most wheel sizes are external measurements. The Rodipet ones are internal diameter measurements.

But 32.5cm external measurement is huge! I think the other thing is having a wheel that has a flat running surface the same depth front to back (which the Carolina wheel doesn't have and same with the Heureka - so I'm not keen on that either).

I do think traditional wheels with a flat track are easier/better to run on. Although a hamster will run on anything!

I think I needed a change from the Silent runner as well (although it's been an expensive change) and I wasn't happy about the running track little gap. I've had three of those before and never had that gap before. It probably would have been fine but I just took against it for that.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote