View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 05:07 AM  
otto
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
Oh really? I have the Niteangel water bowl on the other side. It has a little mountain peak design to prevent a hamster from going inside. I will try and put the water bowl on the chamber hide.

Two of Cosmic's hamsters have been afraid of water bowls so I was concerned.
My boy loves his niteangel water bowl. There’s really no harm in leaving it in there, as as you know that mountain design means there’s little chance of drowning. My boy switches around day to day what he prefers using, but I always leave it full as I’m very skeptical about the niteangel bottle. The ball bearings get stuck sometimes and don’t release water the way they should... water is so important so always good to have multiple sources to ensure they can always access it. Before coming to me there’s probably little chance in Otto having been in contact with a water bowl, but it seems like they’re able to work it out straight away, like babies learning to use a straw. I wouldn’t put the bowl near the bottle, unless you want to get him used to it first & learn how to drink from it as it’s good to keep the sources at different ends of the cage so water is always near. The bowls are quite large though so for a tiny robo i can see why there might be an issue. Otto can hoist himself over the edge but Orko may not be as lucky. Maybe try with a tealight holder first to make it easier for him to learn what to do with a bowl?