View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 08:31 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Not nearly as small as he was when he arrived! He seems average now. I think he must have been a baby but can’t quite work that out. Initially I was told he was about 3 months old and previous owners only had him two or three weeks. On arrival they said he was about 8 weeks old. That didn’t tally with previous owners having him 2 or 3 weeks. Although I guess it’s possible they got him from a private breeder at 6 weeks. So reckon he probably was more like 8 weeks and still a baby. Still can’t understand why anyone would not love a baby hamster but I guess if he nipped out of fear and was a child’s pet they just didn’t want him.

Slight set back with taming again. He is off hands again. I think noise scared him the other day - lots of racket after we came back from holiday, sorting the house out. Me shouting instructions downstairs etc. And he’s been a bit jumpy. Hopefully he’ll settle again soon. He was even a bit scared of the weighing scales last night (flat on the floor). But then he has had a few changes recently with us being away and coming back.

And he LOVES blueberries. I got some the other day and he had one instead of veg.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote