View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 09:34 PM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Smile Re: Do I have enough items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
How many hamsters are you getting again? You have plenty of amazing stuff there. Have you got hamster food?! You might want more substrate as well. If it's a large cage to fit all those items - although hard to see what size bag you have on the photo. Another thing that can be good is using two mixed substrates (eg the aspen mixed with a paper substrate like Fitch or Kaytee Clean and Cosy). Hamsters tend to like foraging out bits of the paper bedding as well then, to take to the next.

I agree about getting a toilet. All our Syrians have used them (if you put them in the right place) - makes life a lot easier for both you and the hamster - cage stays clean and dry and you empty the potty litter tray/toilet once or twice a week. If it's in a labyrinth house a dwarf hamster might use it as well. Our robo pee'd wherever until I gave him a labyrinth house and then he actually used the litter tray inside it (they do seem to like dark ensuite bathrooms!).

I've been getting these for years. They fit in a corner, hamsters seem to like them, they're easy to get in and out of. I've had the rodipet ceramic ones as well - they can sink a bit more in the substrate (and break if dropped!).

TRIXIE Corner Toilet, 16cm x 7cm x 12cm : Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies
I have not got the food yet but will be doing so next week. I wanted to leave it until the last minute to ensure it is fresh. I have 4 bags of 85 litres kaytee ckean and cosy. Thank you for the tips.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote