Thread: Food mixing
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:31 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Food mixing

I'm by no means the type of person to assume all protein is created equal - I do believe I've actually discussed that on the forum at some point in the past to some extent. Amino acids, bioavailability, and all sorts of other factors can make protein a very complicated thing but it is very fascinating in my opinion.

That being said, the protein level itself is still adequate. It would absolutely be ideal and strongly preferred to add extra high quality animal protein(egg for example being the most complete protein overall), but if for some reason someone didn't offer animal protein with the teddy junior for example it would still at least be good enough.

One could also say a diet lacking fresh vegetables for example isn't complete though at that point. We don't necessarily know all the micronutrients hamsters could be benefitting from with those but I'd personally imagine they may very well be extremely important even if not necessarily quite on the same level of importance as animal protein.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote