otto
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Ikea platsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
Your set up looks brilliant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidii View Post
Your lid is beautiful. What mesh did you use? I still haven't got a lid on neptr's and it's quote scary when redecorating because he is a really big Pedigree boy.

And did you have any issues with it, as there was those little white bits that stick out on the top? Or did you fille them down/attach another way?
Thank you so much all of you, really appreciate it! I used some ‘mosquito netting’ from B&Q, though it’s much thicker than you’d think from the name. It’s a thin white plastic. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not as robust as wire would be, but it seems to do the trick at keeping him in, as also he have to get past the wood overhang first. You’re very brave not keeping a lid on, we were going to see if we could get away with for the first couple of nights but it became quickly apparent that we could in fact not- mine’s an boy athletic that’s for sure lol, and he’s only tiny!

No, not really- just added effort. We had two options, either file them down as you said so the lid could rest on top, or cut corresponding holes out the top of the lid for the white bits to stick into. We went for the latter, I prefer it as it keeps everything together- and you can hear an audible click when everything is down and secure which is nice if you have to stay in the dark to interact with your hamster (... Otto is very, very timid paha). It also means nothing slides around, and it just gives me a better frame of mind.