Thread: Toilet training
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:40 AM  
Snowy_Syrian
Newborn Pup

Default Toilet training

Snowy has picked as his toilet one of the rooms of his multi-chamber house that has a wood floor (the house has some rooms with a floor and some without). Initially I was just putting bedding in there to absorb the wee, but recently he's been moving all the bedding out and just weeing on the wood. The room is small and rectangular with entrances on three sides, which means I can't put a corner litter tray in there, but on Tuesday I found a small shallow tupperware tray that fits and filled it with sand. It partly covers the entrances but there's still room for him to get through. It's not ideal but it's all I can fit in there.

I checked yesterday to make sure he hasn't been gnawing the plastic (which he hasn't), but it was partly tipped up and he's put bedding in it. I couldn't tell if he's been using it for wees (didn't want to disturb it too much). I fear it's been getting in his way and annoying him.

Ideally I'd rather he uses a different room of his house, one without a floor so I can sink the litter tray down below the level of the entrances so it doesn't obstruct anything. But I'm worried he'd just go back to weeing on the wood floor of the other room... How can I best go about this?

(Sorry for the long post!)
Snowy_Syrian is offline   Reply With Quote