View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 11:41 AM  
Slykk
Newborn Pup

Default I don't see my hamster

Alright so I got Miso about almost 2 months ago and at first she would come out of her burrows at 8-9PM.
for the past 3 weeks she does not come out of her burrows until 2-3 AM and does not stay out after 5AM. I know that because I never see her.
I think she started to lose interest in stuff she had interest in outside (like her coconut fiber digging box) because at first her wheel got dirty from coconut fiber sticking to it, but now it never gets dirty with fiber.
She doesn't seem like she wants to escape and shes quite comfortable with her burrows, but I literally never see her. I can't interact with her at all with the kind of enclosure I made for her.
Sure I could put her in a much shorter enclosure like ikea detolf but I want to give her that bedding depth.
It's difficult to want to give her the best possible home I can but also not see her at all and not interact with her.
The thing is, she is used to hands and has no problem being picked up, only after a few minutes she gets stressed and tries to get out of my hands, but it seems like she simply doesn't care whatsoever for interaction, which I expected but didn't expect that I would not see her even once unless I literally move bedding around to search for her deep underneath (which I know is very bad and I've only done 3 times when I freaked out she may be dead or something).

I really don't know what to do, I dont expect everyday interaction, but right now the situation is 0 interaction whatsoever, I don't even see her tunnels are at the back where I cant see).
Should I move her to a different enclosure with less bedding? I really dont know what other option would allow me to at least see her.
This is her current home, its 120x50 cm and the bedding is 35cm deep (totel cage height is 65cm):
Slykk is offline   Reply With Quote