View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 04:33 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Raffy is back to being sweet and happy. I pulled back a bit on the hand taming for a day or two then started again with gloves on and not trying to pick him up but put hamster mix on the palm of my gloved hand. He stopped to nibble from that then walked over the hand (usually he avoids the gloved hand). Later he accepted using my hand as a step. He had climbed on top of the "taming box" in the playpen and was contemplating how to get off it again. So I put my hand next to it as a step to walk down onto. At first he turned around and went the other way. Then came back, hesitated a few times and then just stepped onto my hand. I lowered it to let him down and he didn't panic or leap off and just walked off it again.

That feels like progress. I'd like to do without gloves! But will wait a bit more.

On a not so good note, now he has demolished all the cardboard round the edge of the cage I'm aware he has been bar chewing a bit at night. Not a lot. He just wants to be out all the time. So might add some more cardboard round the inside of the cage for him to chew. He is definitely a chewer. I noticed the toilet roll is now a third of the size and semi demolished!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote