View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 08:50 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Have to say I've had the odd moment of wondering if he has some neurological damage but logically that's probably not the case.

He does the scent marking thing a LOT. In the playpen - especially inside a rat tube and the edges of the playpen. It's almost like he's circling in the rat tube. He also went like that after being handled that first time.

After seeing Pickle having that with his eye problem which was no doubt causing neurological things, it did remind me a bit. But I rationalized that, that that was just an upsetting memory and not the same situation.

But most of the time he's just running around like a hamster, he's young and probably just does funny things and likes to rub his scent glands against things.

It is a bit like he flips personality wise though. So I'm aware it could be some kind of brain trauma - either psychological or being dropped eg - or genetic, or behavioural from previous fear of hands or whatever.

Hopefully in time he will learn to trust my hands and time will tell if he has a split personality or not!

He was friendly from day one, in terms of coming over and looking at you, but not actually bonding with you if that makes sense. Which kind of contradicts being scared somehow.

I think he just needs time.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote