View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 10:34 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Raffy continues to be as active as ever, out every night from about 8pm, unfazed by lights, TV and people. Desperate to get out of the cage door and come out every night (he climbs the door so it's hard to open it without him falling out ha ha. Hops straight into his snooze cube. Handling is progressing very slowly. Another time in the box was slightly better - he didn't try to bite. Had my gloves on and moved him from hand to hand. At one point I sort of turned him on his back while holding him (it just happened)and he then was quite calm actually. Didn't try to wriggle or escape and let me stroke him (while looking grumpy and wincing a bit). But he didn't try to bite. I think I need to keep progressing with that.

But is still scared of hands generally. He will sniff your fingers and accept a stroke on the back but any other attempt to touch him or pick him up and he pings or sees you off and threatens to bite. Very very jumpy at any hand movement. Time and patience. I can't quite see him every sitting still though! In the cardboard box I can pick him up from behind when he's trying to climb out to hold him and move him from hand to hand but not for long as he strains so hard to escape.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote