View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 06:33 AM  
Snowy_Syrian
Newborn Pup

Default He's blocked himself in!

I went out this morning and came back to this! (See attached pic.)

His multi-chamber hide has two entrances - one at the front (where I put a cardboard tunnel to give access under the bedding) and one on top, accessed by a ramp, which used to be the one he used the most but a few days ago he blocked it up with bedding. The hide stood on a thin layer of hemp, then he had some Kaytee inside for bedding and more Kaytee packed around the outside up to the roof height of the hide (which is also level with the top of the cage tray). Some rooms in the hide have a wooden floor while others are open to the hemp below.

As you'll see from the pic, he seems to have spent the morning evicting all Kaytee and hemp from his hide! It had completely blocked his one remaining entrance tunnel and I was worried he'd suffocate, so I lifted the lid of the hide slightly and found him glaring up at me. I put the roof back down carefully, and since then he's been scuffling about even more in there - goodness knows what he's doing! I'm not sure what to do - should I just leave him to make his own tunnels, or should I remove the bedding he's kicked out of the hide? I'm worried he'll run out of air in there if I leave it where it is!
Snowy_Syrian is offline   Reply With Quote