Thread: Meet Pearl
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 12:08 PM  
ilguy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Meet Pearl

Thanks so much guys! She is a cute little oddball, and I think she'll be ready for me to introduce a new hide & toy I've made for her this weekend. It feels like a good time to go for it.

Her behavior has changed noticeably over the past 3 days she's had the new wheel. It all seems positive, I don't know how else to put it other than she's more "hamstery". Her confidence is through the roof, and she absolutely loves the wheel. Often going on it for 6 hours with breaks in between. She's no longer afraid of being on the surface at all, and is definitely making the enclosure her own.

Two of her quirks are still the same. She does prefer her wheel time being a private venture most of the time, but a couple of short interactions are okay. Last night she was definitely showing off a bit for me and running to my hand in between sprints as if to say "look how fast I can go human!"

And my morning/her bedtime is still hamster approved cuddle time. Without fail she's always up to greet me, and we bond for about 10 minutes.

She also did have a nightmare this morning and was super chatty about it. I gave her a special treat, a little bit of plain orgranic greek yogurt I had. Pearl deserved it, and she gave me a little parting present in a paw print. Don't worry, she only had a tiny bit of it, I just filled the spoon for easier access. She was clearly tired, and needed some help finding it too.

It's a bit dark, but she was zooming up a storm!
Digging, building, and making it her own!

Special post-nightmare treat!
After snack pawprint
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote