Thread: Meet Pearl
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 11:44 PM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Default Re: Meet Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilguy View Post
Thank you so much guys! She's such a little treasure, and has a new trick up her sleeve. She now nibbles on her water or food dish to get my attention, sounds just like she's ringing a bell.
Service please, it's too low!

Our interactions are getting more frequent and longer, usually 10 minutes is a minimum now. She also seems to have taken another decent step with taming, spending time without treats is okay now.

My only real concern remaining, is the surface of her bin is inadequate. It's 675 sq. inches and she has 6 inches of bedding + burrows just fine. But I've noticed a lot of you guys have more hides and things to explore, by comparison mine's a bit bare. I'm also changing that flying saucer out for a wheel, there's some nights it's not used at all and I've read a big enough standup wheel is best for hamsters backs.

Is a busier surface the way to go?
Aww, Pearl is so clever! You could use a tea light for a smaller water dish. Pearl may find it a bit easier to use a smaller water dish. I agree with your ideas of creating a busier surface. Pearl is beautiful.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote