View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 12:20 PM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Default Re: Houses and hides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Mostly they should be. The main reason to have smaller houses and hides is - it's all that's necessary and saves cage space. I think the Rodipet ceramic terracotta hide could be too difficult to get in and out of for a dwarf or robo though - It has an angled side doesn't it? That could be difficult to climb up - robos aren't great uphill (some have furry feet/soles).

I think they generally prefer cosier things maybe in terms of house height roof but a house should be fine. As I mentioned before I had a large cork log for our first robo and he used to spend ages inside it scratching bits off, and climbing over it. I think anything enclosed feels fine for them though - as long as they can get in and out easily.

The Syrian Rodipet labyrinth house again, the top entrance may be too high for a dwarf or robo to get out of.

Do you have photos of individual items?
Thank you for your help. Yes, I can now see the Rodipet Syrian hide is likely too big. The ceramic hides I have are the same kind of size too. I will try to get the Rodipet dwarf hide set.

This is the ceramic hide I have:
Easter Egg Green Small Animal Bed Ceramic Cute Hamster Gerbile | Etsy UK

I was going to put it on a platform to ensure it does not squash a hamster.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote