View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 07:39 PM  
heidii
Hamster Pup

Default Re: My long haired syrian never comes out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy_Syrian View Post
I literally came on here to ask the same question. I work late in the room where the hamster cage is so if Snowy comes out before around 2am, I'll see him - but that seems to be becoming a rarer and rarer occurrence. He empties his food bowl but must wait till I'm out of the room to do it, though I sometimes see him go for a drink. I know he runs in his wheel as I've 'caught' him a few times when I enter the room. If he's out and about, he'll take a treat from my hand, and occasionally I can tempt him into a mug to take him to his playpen, but it's gone from every day to maybe once or twice a week.

He seemed to start becoming more withdrawn after I changed his bedding from hemp to Kaytee Clean and Cosy. I was worried I'd upset him by changing too much too soon, but maybe it's just that he's enjoying it being easier to burrow and is content to stay in his burrows and have peace and quiet?

(Pic of his setup attached, plus a rare pic from when he actually shows his face!)
I feel like my boy, Neptr is the same! I made a post about it that I could hopefully regularly update as I progress with him (if any progression at all is made).

There is such thing as ghost hamsters. They avoid people and just want to live life undisturbed, all cushy in their cages. Not sure how old little Snowy is, but it might be too early to tell if they are a ghost hamster.
heidii is offline   Reply With Quote