View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 05:38 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Cork log tunnels

That's a shame Rodipet are out of stock. I think they must be having supply issues as all their cork wheels are out of stock too and will be for over a month apparently. You could try emailing them and asking them when they will be back in stock again (which is what I did with the wheels). I usually get the largest size that are open underneath (for Syrians) unless you actually want to use it as a tube/tunnel. Because it's high enough to use as a ramp and when I had a solid one it got peed in!

I get them from there because they are the length they say they are, which fits a hamster cage. You can get them from Reptile places on Amazon but they are usually huge! And weird and wonderful shapes. It is probably possible to saw them smaller but I haven't tried. They are also often pretty mucky and need a good wash inside and out with a brush and then to dry out,

Most of the supplies (including the cork log) I've used in Raffy's cage were bought last autumn when I got Pip - things I had no space for in his cage, so had all been previously frozen so I didn't have a time issue for freezing things when getting Raffy! The cork log was from Rodipet and it is the muckiest grungiest one I've ever had from there. It needed a really good scrub out inside. I swear it had soil inside! Or just not quite as cleaned up as usual. But they clean up ok.

I think anywhere but Rodipet and you will get varying lengths and widths. If it's no good, send it back and try another one. But they will probably be very long. I would think they are sawable though, with a good saw or bits might break off.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote