View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 05:29 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldshirl View Post
He is handsome! Handsome Hammy.
Thank you Arnoldshirl! I shall tell him that. That Arnoldshirl from HC says he is very handsome.

Ria thank you, Well that Trixie sticker most certainly wasn't waterproof lol! And not like those shiny car sticker types. It was paper. I think this lime green is a new colour isn't it? Or maybe it's just that's the colour advertised on Amazon at the moment. There used to be a different kind of green. Just wondering if they've changed the sticker but it definitely isnt waterproof!

It had a slight "sheen" on the paper at the front and the spiral was so faint I thought it must be a covering over the spiral, but the edges came up easily and that's when the paper peeled off at the edges. Whatever. I'll probably just have to soak it and remove it.

It's more like those annoying stickers you get on the bottom of ceramic items that won't come off easily and need to be soaked and still end up leaving a bit of residue. I think you're right it should be plastic like a peel off car sticker. Cost cutting? or supply shortages? Anyway beware washing a new trixie wheel! I didn't plunge it in a bowl of water, it was just done under a running tap.

It did make me realise that a permanent wheel with a spindle probably wouldn't suit raffy or he would chew it - it was the plastic bit round the spindle he was chewing (always seems to want to know what's on the other side!). Whereas our previous syrians would have got out and gone round the other side to look lol! Maybe Raffy is just a chewer.

Ria yes getting in and out of the playpen or bath is not possible either! It's a totally knackered knee for bending. I can bend it to sit down on a normal height chair and not much further. It will take a lot of treatment over a long time. Two knackered knees - one worse than the other.

But yes I did think to use my clothed arm, remembering how Souffle used to tame/get her babies out of the playpen letting them walk up an arm. So I tried that and he did walk part way up my clothed arm. Then ran down again when I tried to stroke him. Time and patience.

Maybe OH could get in the playpen lol. He's talked to him early in the mornings a few times and said he put a finger through the bars and Raffy sniffed it curiously. I suggested he didn't do that again or it might get nipped! Better to offer food through the bars at the moment.

Ria yes I like that he's getting to know me/us and wondered where I had gone.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote