Thread: Senior hamsters
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 06:04 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Senior hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
you've not met moonbeam, she would never do this, even if her favourite food was involved. Lucky you having a hammie like that.
Lol - well he was very old and that tumour made him a bit less mobile. And once he did move he was off! But the food distracted him for long enough to snip two nails!

Ria I've seen missing nails as well. I have no idea whether they chew them but I think sometimes they can fall out. I was a bit worried some of Moo's missing ones (later) were infected as they looked a bit red and inflamed but the vet said they were fine - nothing untoward.

I've had them lose teeth as well when older - Newt lost his two top teeth. I think Moo lost a front tooth as well.

That photo was actually taken for the vet during lockdown - to show his chest tumour, which had proved difficult to obtain as he was so wriggly for holding but the food did the trick. So I took the opportunity to do his nails as well.

I have to say all ours have gone completely potty for that Ella's kitchen strawberry porridge! Bits of strawberry and raspberry in it - crunchy bits and smells very fruity.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote