View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 02:26 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Mixing Hamster Foods

Maybe it depends which dwarf mix. I know I wouldn't give the Bunny Dream dwarf mix to a Syrian as there are a lot of tiny seeds and syrians prefer bigger pieces. Maybe the rodipet dwarf one isn't like that?

The other thing to check (which is probably ok with rodipet foods) is no sugars for a dwarf due to the risk of diabetes. So a Syrian mix may contain sugars which wouldn't be suitable for a dwarf. A dwarf mix with no sugars would be fine for a syrian unless there were lots of tiny seeds. But if you say they don't seem much different, I don't see why not.

What I did though was have two plastic lock and lock boxes. One had a mix of Syrian Bunny Dream, Rodipet and HH and the other had a mix of rodipet dwarf food and rodipet bunny food.

If you make up a big enough box of each they last a long time. I can't see there any financial savings in giving them all the same food really. Just means the food lasts longer by getting separate ones!

How do you find the Rodipet teddy one? That's a new one on me and I'm not sure why they have it or what's supposed to be different between that and the Syrian one. I know when I used the Syrian one, the junior one was good but didn't like the senior one which was too full of herbs and the hamster didn't like it either, so I just kept using the junior one.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote