View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 09:29 AM  
heidii
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Mixing Hamster Foods

I don't think I'm jumping to mixing, I've been considering it for a while regardless. Neptr and Pico came to me on a Harry Hamster only diet.
I've kept the Harry Hamster in both of their diets. Pico hasn't touched his Harry Hamster however, but does love the Rodipet and Bunny dwarf. Neptr does not like Harry Hamster and typically leaves it.

I typically won't feed my hamster many things it wouldn't otherwise find if it was wild and living in Aleppo - at least, I won't feed it anything other than his Rodipet and the few things I'm offering him from Harry Hamster. Therefore, I won't be readily feeding him chicken or turkey, and I don't have readily access to that either as I myself am vegetarian.

Neptr isn't a massive hamster, I will weigh him when I do a clean of his cage soon, but he's otherwise quite small, I'd say. He does enjoy Rodipet and that is about the same size and Bunny dwarf, so I'm comfortable in feeding both.

I have also seen that mealworms aren't the most ideal bug, and I'd like to offer other bugs. I'd just like to see which ones are best first, and what I can add to his diet that's available to my area.

I think even if there's a small amount of Harry Hamster, as I do plan on continuing taking in Hamsters, it's beneficial for me to have. I might not add it to the main diet, but I won't be getting rid of it entirely. And when people rehome hamsters, they usually bring with it what it has - including Harry Hamster.

So, I am pretty keen on in the very least mixing Rodipet and Bunny dwarf. I'm more than happy to add protein to the diet and anything else that it'd be missing.
heidii is offline   Reply With Quote