View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 08:43 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: New Getzoo plastic wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
I do not understand why that wheel has such different measurements to the others. The others only have a few cm difference. How odd. I agree with you about the design. I do not like Rodipet's Heureka wheel either. I am not keen on the tilting.

Haha, it would be lovely to design hamster things. I am hopeless at anything like that.
Yes I think their measurements are confusing but the measurements for that wheel are the same as for the wood 27cm wheel on their web page (inside and out). If you look at the 30cm wood wheel and cork wheel they have slightly different internal measurements because of the depth of the cork.

Luna good point! Climbing the struts! I don't like the look of it either really - I like the idea - a combination of a fully plastic, easily washable wheel, with a removable cork running surface - but it looks weird and the design is maybe a bit off too with those struts.

I'm guessing it's only in "27cm" either because it's very new and the only one available yet (and maybe they want to see how it sells) or it isn't strong/stable enough in plastic in any of the bigger sizes.

Have you got a Heureka wheel Luna? I imagined they would run in a straight line but at a slight kind of angle? A bit like a motorbike leaning into a corner if you get what I mean.

I'm not quite there with it - it would be nicer if it was upright! And screwed to the bars/came off the stand!

All of which is making the Nitangel wheel seem understandably popular, except I think it's an exotortionate price (in the Uk anyway) for a plastic wheel!

I may have a look to see if there's a way of screwing a Karlie wood wheel to the bars in the Plaza (which is what Pickle had but not in the Plaza) but can't imagine how unless it sits quite well forwards - and then it might as well be on its stand.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote