View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 12:10 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default New Getzoo plastic wheel

Getzoo seem to have a new plastic wheel with a replaceable cork running track. The idea being you can buy the cork running tracks separately and replace them if they get manky.

The wheel only seems to be in one size though, unlike their wood wheels which come in various sizes.

Their sizing is also confusing. It's called a 27cm wheel but says the internal diameter is only 25.4cm (10"). Whereas the way Rodipet describe their sizes is the other way round. A 27cm wheel is 27cm internal diameter and the external diameter is bigger.

So not sure which hamster the Getzoo one is aimed at! The Germans go with big wheels for dwarf hamsters but no need for a wheel that big with a dwarf hamster really. It would probably be fine for a small syrian.

I find this interesting as it's a German wheel and I remember on German forums they were anti anything plastic. Or maybe that excluded certain plastics (I think wodent wheels were considered acceptable due to the type of plastic).

I guess the usp is - easily washable plastic but has a nice cork running track that's replaceable.

I'm not sure about the protruding plastic bars on the back though! I wonder if a hamster could get fur rub (although that's usually from spindles on smaller wheels).

Getzoo Diameter 27 cm plastic wheel (diameter 25.4 cm inside) with cork insert : Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

Comes in three colours - pink, cream and green

Getzoo Laufrader fur Nagetiere entdecken | Getzoo.de
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote