View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 02:37 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Raffy (short for Raphael) arrived yesterday on St George's Day. Raphael: An artist, a teenage mutant ninja turtle and an angel. Not sure about the artist but the rest describes his personality!

He is adorable, sweet, responsive, highly active and spritely and quite a small cream banded Syrian (the band is quite narrow).

He was highly active yesterday when going into his new Savic Plaza. Explored every inch of it. Made me laugh with his antics, LOVES his wheel and does little short thuddy runs then stops and does longer runs. He pounds it! And then stops and looks at you all happy. He was certainly very acrobatic last night - investigated everything in the cage energetically (looking for an escape route as they usually do!). Dug tunnels all over the cage under the substrate. Jumped out of his sputnik, climbed bars, but the whole time looking happy and enjoying things, not stressed or anything.

He made me laugh a few times. He doesn't seem scared of people and will listen when you talk.

Assume he found his house last night as the entrance was blocked up with bedding this morning. But he hasn't emerged since I saw him last night running on his wheel. Probably very tired as he seemed to be awake most of yesterday after his journey here and then awake all afternoon and evening.

Thanks to Sophie at Happy Hamsters for bringing him to us. He was adopted from there after they took him in for rehoming. A child's pet that didn't work out apparently.

So here are some photos from yesterday/last night.

His Plaza cage

Attachment 53166

On arrival he was transferred from a pet carrier into this box - the idea being he could walk into the snooze cube and I could lift him out in that to put in his cage as he's not hand tame yet. He did go in the snooze cube after a nosey around. He didn't hide or seem nervous.

Attachment 53167

Attachment 53168

Attachment 53169

And then in his cage

Attachment 53170

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote