View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 08:16 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Carolina Storm Wheel

I've contacted the place I bought it from to ask if I have the correct joining strip but not had a reply. But it sounds to me like others have had this with the 12" one recently. I am the first one to say - there shouldn't be a gap if the front and back are pushed well together - but there is on mine. They can't push any further together - there is no gap on the outside, only the inside and although it's tiny it shouldn't be there and I would hate to think of a hamster getting a toe caught. But then I am a worry pot. But had a hamster get a leg trapped in a wodent wheel stand before now. He was quite capable of getting himself free but panicked so much he kept trying to run and his leg was caught. That was the Wobust wheel. A bigger gap between the wheel and stand.

Don't think Wodent wheels are made any more.

Interestingly I came across a post on another forum (sugar gliders maybe) and it said the issue with the Silent Runner was the joining strip gap toes could get caught in. I'm wondering if manufacturing has changed or I just had a faulty one.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote